[Mimedefang] New to Mimedefang

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Nov 4 13:08:21 EST 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Jeff Rife wrote:

> If you put the /var/spool/MIMEDefang directory on a ramdisk (using
> either an actual ramdisk or tempfs) this not only speeds up the
> scanning but solves this problem in the long run, since every reboot
> gets rid of these randomly saved directories.

Well, yeah, except I don't like to reboot too often! :-)  And you really
don't want a ramdisk to fill up.  So if you're paranoid, run this nightly
from cron:

find /var/spool/MIMEDefang -name 'mdefang-*' -type d -mtime +1 -exec rm -r {} \; > /dev/null 2>&1

That deletes any /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-* directories older than a day.