[Mimedefang] New to Mimedefang

Jason Gurtz jason at jasongurtz.com
Wed Nov 3 15:42:16 EST 2004

On 11/3/2004 15:07, Lisa Casey wrote:

> Here's another problem (?) though: I added this to my sendmail.mc:
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
> `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T, T=S:5m;R:5m')
>
> and regenerated sendmail.cf from sendmail.mc. But when I look at
> sendmail.cf, I don't see anything referring to MIMEDefang, or MAIL_FILTER at
> all. I'm wondering if this got into my sendmail.cf at all.  How do I tell if
> MIMEDefang is working?

# Input mail filters
O InputMailFilters=mimedefang

and somewhere else:

Xmimedefang, S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T,T=S:5m;R:5m

if you look at headers of email that's gone through, you should be able to
see a header, X-Scanned-By:	MIMEDefang 2.48

You can also observe stuff in your mail log, not sure what by default, I
have extra logging turned on.

~Jason