[Mimedefang] mimedefang.sock

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 11:34:28 EST 2004

Hi All,

I know I've asked more general questions about this
before, so I'll try and be more specific.

It sometimes takes up to 3 min+ for mimedefang.sock to
intialise and exist (in the -S sense) on an already
loaded system.

sendmail starts and 'mimedefang.sock unsafe' milter
errors ensue - this can lead to system meltdown if
left BTW.

pid files are copied to /var/run.

We've added a function to the startup script to wait
until it detects the socket and fails if a timeout is
reached.

Another restart solves the problem.

Is this normal? i.e. is this be a configuration issue
or normal behaviour on a loaded system?

Is this a [unclean] shutdown or startup issue?

Google knows a bit (permissions etc) but no definitive
answer.

Cheers, Chris