[Mimedefang] New to Mimedefang

Lisa Casey lisa at jellico.com
Wed Nov 3 08:14:10 EST 2004

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] New to Mimedefang

> How did you install MIMEDefang?  You should never see things like
> @DEFANGUSER@ or @SPOOLDIR@ in a properly-configured installation.

I installed it exactly as in http://www.mickeyhill.com/mimedefang-howto/
The only glitch I experienced (besides having to upgrade my perl
installation) was where it said to copy the init script from the examples
directory to my build directory. The directions said:

su -c 'cp examples/init-script /etc/init.d/mimedefang'

in examples, there was not a file called init-script. There is an
init-script.in which is what I copied over. This is the file I'm having the
problem with.

Lisa Casey