[Mimedefang] SURBL lookups no longer happening after upgrade to 2.48

Sven Willenberger sven at dmv.com
Mon Nov 1 16:40:29 EST 2004

FreeBSD 5.2.1-Release had been using MD 2.44 with SA 2.64 and later with
3.0 and successfully was querying the SURBL nameserver (running a cached
copy locally) -- this was visible using tcpdump on the loopback device
listening on the rbldns port. Upgraded to MD 2.48 and no longer see
traffic on this port, nor do I see the results of the SURBL tests in the
spammy mail.

I am using the same filter as in the 2.44 release and have verified
$SALocalTestsOnly = 0;

in the sa-mimedefang.cf file I have made sure that skip_rbl_checks 0

Ideas?

Sven Willenberger

(Although I will browse the mailing list(s), as I am not subscribed,
cc's to me on any responses would be appreciated.)