[Mimedefang] md_check_against_smtp_server

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed May 19 13:38:12 EDT 2004

Since I do secondary for some domains, I wanted to check if those servers
are up and otherwise accept the mail for queuing.  I'll probably add a hash
to make things easier rather than a REALLY long # of if loops.

sub filter_recipient {
  my($recip, $sender, $ip, $host, $first, $helo, $rcpt_mailer, $rcpt_host,
$rcpt_addr) = @_;

  my($answer, $explanation);

  if ($recip =~ /luselaw.com/i) {
    ($answer, $explanation) =  md_check_against_smtp_server($sender, $recip,
"intel1.peregrinehw.com", "mail.luselaw.com");
    if ($answer eq 'TEMPFAIL') {
      $answer = 'CONTINUE';
    }
    return ($answer, $explanation);
  }
  if ($recip =~ /mmri.com/i) {
    ($answer, $explanation) =  md_check_against_smtp_server($sender, $recip,
"intel1.peregrinehw.com", "mail.mmri.com");
    if ($answer eq 'TEMPFAIL') {
      $answer = 'CONTINUE';
    }
    return ($answer, $explanation);