[Mimedefang] multi AV scanners

Stewart James stewart.james at vu.edu.au
Thu May 6 23:16:31 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have a question about having multiple scanners. At the moment I only
have one. TrendMicro. I am waiting on Debian to update to 0.70 of clam
and I am going to introduce that one into the Fray as well as File::Scan
(which from what I am reading is faster than both of those (I could be
wrong).

First I want to ensure that if ONE of the scanners detects a virus, none
of the others are ran?

Second, Looking at the log entries there is nothing that shows which
scanner detected the virus. Now, this would be quite beneficial.
Considering it would be cool to be able to do reports saying clam found
100% - trend never found them (because clam is run before trend).

Has anyone done this? I will have a look at doing it,I always get
sidetracked form stuff like this tho, so I am hoping someone else
thought of this and is doing it already.

I'd like also throw this one on to a feature request list if others saw
it as a good idea.

Thanks for any help given,

and thinks for mimedefang too, it has given me the ability to really
destroy email here at Victoria University. ;)

Cheers,

Stewart