[Mimedefang] Local.cf, SA_MIMEDefang.cf, and Spamhaus query

Peter A. Cole peteracole at bigpond.com
Fri May 28 20:00:06 EDT 2004

Hi all,

MIMEDefang's running like a charm here at home with a site wide configuration for the massive amount of 5 email accounts on my server.

Anyway, I just wanted to confirm a couple of things..

Firstly, I'm using /etc/spamassassin/local.cf for all my bayes, autowhitelist, razor, pyzor etc. settings. Is this the right place? Or should I be using /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf? Or does it make no difference at all?

It is picking up a heap of spam using local.cf, so it is working.

Secondly, I'm trying to use spl-xbl.spamhaus.org in local.cf, and I have the following lines to do this:

header SPAMHAUS_TEST eval:check_rbl('spamhaus', 'spl-xbl.spamhaus.org')
describe SPAMHAUS_TEST Listed in Spamhaus.org blacklist
tflags SPAMHAUS_TEST net
score SPAMHAUS_TEST 1.5

Is this the right way to do this? I haven't seen any spam with a report saying it's been found in spamhaus, but I realise that I just may not have received any at this stage.

Any advice on this greatly appreciated,

Pete