[Mimedefang] Spamassassin Ruleset question ..

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Tue May 25 17:07:42 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 14:49 -0400, Vivek Kumar wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I read in one of your responses about the following rule sets for
> Spamassassin. I have 2 questions:
> 1. Is it OK to have all the rule sets.
> 2. Where can you get all these rule sets. I downloaded bigevil.cf but I
> am not sure about others.
>
> 90_FVGT.cf / 99_FVGT_Tripwire.cf / 99_OBFU_drugs.cf / antidrug.cf /
> backhair.cf / bigevil.cf / bogus-virus-warnings.cf / chickenpox.cf /
> DomainDigits1.cf / evilnumbers.cf / KAM.cf / nov2rules.cf / Obfu1.cf
> /random.current.cf / useless.cf / weeds.cf

Check out rules_du_jour (http://sandgnat.com/rdj/rules_du_jour).  It's a
nifty script that pulls down all of those rule lists.  You can easily
setup a cron job to run it nightly/weekly whatever to keep you
up-to-date.  Just like running anti-virus!  I've been running it for a
few months now and it definitely helps out.  Still need all of the other
things as well (Bayes, RBLs, Greylisting, etc).

--
David T Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>