[Mimedefang] Re: Action_delete_header vs Action_delete_all_headers

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue May 25 19:52:15 EDT 2004

Came across a small issue tonight.

In the suggested minimum filter, is action_delete_header("X-Spam-Score");
(without any index reference) the same as calling
action_delete_all_headers("X-Spam-Score");?

The manpage leads me to believe that action_delete_header without an index
reference will delete one header but the comment "# Delete any existing
X-Spam-Score header?" leads me to believe it will delete all of them.

Man Page:

              action_delete_header($hdr, $index)
              Deletes an existing header in the message. This can be used in
filter_begin  or  filter_end.   The  $hdr
              parameter is the header name without the colon.

              The  $index parameter is optional; it defaults to 1.  If you
supply it, then the $index'th occurrence of
              the header is deleted, if there is more than one header with
the same name.

I'm switching to the delete_all for safety sake but believe this is might be
a man page errata or a misleading comment in the suggested filter.

Regards,
KAM