[Mimedefang] looking for people willing to be paid to help write filters, etc...

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue May 25 14:32:11 EDT 2004

Well besides being available for pay, some free advice is that I think you
need to focus on SpamAssassin not MIMEDefang.

So here would be my questions:

1) Are you running SpamAssassin 2.63?

2) Are you running with network tests?  These are crucial to increasing Spam
tagging rates (and they increase the server load considerably as well).

3) Have you added any extra SpamAssassin rules?  Chris' Rules Emporium is a
great starting point and I am currently running with these rule sets with
very good success:

90_FVGT.cf / 99_FVGT_Tripwire.cf / 99_OBFU_drugs.cf / antidrug.cf /
backhair.cf / bigevil.cf / bogus-virus-warnings.cf / chickenpox.cf /
DomainDigits1.cf / evilnumbers.cf / KAM.cf / nov2rules.cf / Obfu1.cf /
random.current.cf / useless.cf / weeds.cf

4) Are you running with Bayesian testing and have you been training the
bayesian tokens?

Regards,
KAM