[Mimedefang] R/W: lock failed: File exists

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Tue May 25 12:50:32 EDT 2004

Set it to learn to the journally, and then manually process the journal
every hour.
It is trying to lock the bayes journal, and other mimedefang threads can't
read to it while it learns from the journal.
This will solve your problem.

My settings:
bayes settings:
bayes_learn_to_journal 1
bayes_journal_max_size 5120000

cronjob:
*/55 * * * *        su -c 'sa-learn --rebuild' defang; echo defang >
/dev/null

Andrzej Marecki said:
> Slave 1 stderr: Cannot open bayes databases /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes_*
> R/W: lock failed: File exists
>
> I know someone _has_ already asked about the above message on this forum
> but
> let me ask again...
>
> Is this a critical error? What can I do about it? (Well, I know, switching
> bayes_auto_learn to 0 in /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf helps.)
>
> BTW, mimedefang.pl -features says:
>
> IO::Socket                    : Version 1.27
> MIME::Tools                   : Version 5.411
> MIME::Words                   : Version 5.404
> Digest::SHA1                  : Version 2.07
> Mail::SpamAssassin            : Version 2.61
> Anomy::HTMLCleaner            : Version 1.24
> File::Scan                    : Version 0.51
> HTML::Parser                  : Version 3.35
> HTML::TokeParser              : Version 2.28
> Unix::Syslog                  : Version 0.100
>
> --
> Andrzej
>
> --
> Andrzej Marecki                |
> Torun Centre for Astronomy     |   e-mail: amr at astro.uni.torun.pl
> N. Copernicus University       |   WWW:    http://www.astro.uni.torun.pl
> ul. Gagarina 11                |   tel: +48 56 6113032
> PL-87-100 Torun, POLAND        |   fax: +48 56 6113009

Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering
Montana State University-Bozeman,Montana