[Mimedefang] How to determine if SendMail is configured with MILTER support...

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon May 24 14:59:54 EDT 2004

Suggest you use RPM with RHES.  Download the latest source RPM (last I did
this in November, it was sendmail-8.12.10-1.src.rpm )

Run rpmbuild --rebuild sendmail-8.12.10-1.src.rpm
Then you will have a sendmail-devel RPM in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386

This will give you the MILTER support from the RPM.

If you want to do the source on RHEL, you might need to add this to your
list of things to do though it may just be the beginning.

cd /usr/src/sendmail/sendmail-8.12.11
cd libmilter
sh Build -c
sh Build install

cd
/usr/src/sendmail/sendmail-8.12.11/obj.`uname`.`uname -r`.`uname -m`/libsm
cp -f libsm.a /usr/lib/

See if that doesn't help.

KAM