[Mimedefang] Milter to replace procmail ?

Christophe Zwecker czwecker at sysctl.de
Mon May 24 09:51:34 EDT 2004

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> So, are you trying to simply rip attachments and do bouncing or are you
> trying to deliver locally.
im trying to rip attachments, send mal reply to sender that the
atachments has been ripped and he can send mail to another address
(payed service) if he wants to have the attachment submitted.
As well if the mail recipient doesnt conform to certain rules like
AA-11111 or AV-15267 it shall be rejected with message aswell....

Reseon for this if you wonder, those number emails are customer numbers
on board Crusing ships, all customers get their personal email addresse
according to their number. The ships get the mails via satellite link.

> If your question is how to edit attachments and do bouncing, etc. than MD is
> your best choice and you need to know perl to write a subfilter that
> processes mail the way you want.

Yes, I just wonder if theres somthing like this already cause my perl
skills really suck..

:D

Best regards,

Christophe