[Mimedefang] Milter to replace procmail ?

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon May 24 09:15:27 EDT 2004

Procmail is a local delivery agent and the milter is a midstream mail
processing interface.  To deliver mail locally at that point would be very
difficult as all the various parameters that control where and how mail is
delivered haven't been processed.

So, are you trying to simply rip attachments and do bouncing or are you
trying to deliver locally.

If your question is how to edit attachments and do bouncing, etc. than MD is
your best choice and you need to know perl to write a subfilter that
processes mail the way you want.

KAM