[Mimedefang] socket error message

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Fri May 21 16:21:55 EDT 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Adam Lanier wrote:

> I know this has been asked many times in the past but what exactly
> should the permissions on mimedefang.sock be?

   On my two systems, the perm strings are both srwx------

   Stop sendmail, then stop MIMEDefang.  If you are using the suggested
script, it should delete the two .sock files itself.  After you stop
sendmail and MIMEDefang, make sure both .sock files are gone.  If they are
there, delete them.  The restart MIMEDefang.  You should see the .sock
files with the proper permissions.  Then start sendmail.

   If mimedefang.sock still has group write, then check your system umask
settings.

   HTH...

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville