[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang not working with SA and ClamAV

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 10:27:18 EDT 2004

Clamav will only work if:

1) You change either clamd or MD so they agree on the socket to use.
The list archive holds details
2) You put it in at least the same group as the MD user, though the same
user is usually easier.

You can increase the logging used by clamd (see clamav.conf) to help
identify the problem.

The SA related headers etc will only be added if the score is high
enough.  Take a look at mimedefang-filter and decrease the score used,
or set it to always add the headers (which is what I've done).  Put the
following in filter_end():

    if($hits > 0) {
        # Add a spam score header
        action_change_header("X-Spam-Score", "$hits ($score) $names");
        }

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?