[Mimedefang] md_check_against_smtp_server

gord at linvwin.com gord at linvwin.com
Wed May 19 12:35:35 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am using our external mail box to ask our internal server for valid
users.  I have mimedefang doing this now, I am just unsure on how I tell
mimedefang to reject or tempfail invalid users.  I am using the stock
filter from the man page.  Any examples would be very useful.

sub filter_recipient
{
    my($recip, $sender, $ip, $host, $first, $helo,
        $rcpt_mailer, $rcpt_host, $rcpt_addr) = @_;
     return md_check_against_smtp_server($sender, $recip,
      "external","internal");
}

I can see the entries in the log asking the internal server for valid
users and it responding back if they are unknown.

Gord