[Mimedefang] Need help with filter_relay

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed May 19 12:05:21 EDT 2004

> adsl
> pool
> client
> cliente
> unassigned
>
> 1 - It is my suspicion that bouncing emails with these keywords in the
> "from" header will only bounce spam.  Am I correct here?

No.

Because names might have those strings in them for reasons unrelated
to being DSL lines or whatever.  The string pool in particular seems
like a name that some places might use for what we here sometimes
call 'the send pool' as in 'the outbound mail servers'.

Because some legit mail does come from hosts with names where dsl
really does mean a DSL line, etc.

Because your own users might come in from ISP lines to use your
smtp server (if you do smtp auth for example).

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York