[Mimedefang] RBL's

-ray ray at ops.selu.edu
Wed May 19 01:32:49 EDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Ben Kamen wrote:

> I agree on SpamHaus.
>
> They have rational methodology for entries in the list.
>
> I use them and ORDB. Between those 2 and my own access list for sendmail
> - I have great success at this point. Yea, maybe I get 5 SPAMs a day -
> but I can live with that.

Based on everyone's feed back, i put Spamhaus as my first sendmail dnsbl.
It blocked 27,283 connections since 10:33am today. Sweet.  No complaints
yet.  Do these rejects show up in the mailstats command?

I am graphing with rrdtool the esmtp msgsrej data, but i'm guessing the
dnsbl is showing up under C (TCP connections) row msgsrej.  What's the
difference between the esmtp msgsrej and the tcp msgsrej?

[root at norm 2004]# grep  -c 'see http://www.spamhaus.org'
/sendmail/logs/maillog; mailstats
1009
Statistics from Wed May 19 00:00:23 2004
 M   msgsfr  bytes_from   msgsto    bytes_to  msgsrej msgsdis  Mailer
 4      445      23072K      471       1746K       46      33  esmtp
 9       97        442K        0          0K        0       0  local
 T      542      23514K      471       1746K       46      33
 C     1655                  516                 1186

ray