[Mimedefang] Missed Viruses

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 07:59:18 EDT 2004

Version of MD?  If you're not running 2.42 or later then you'll have
problems with clamav.

Version of clamav?  You need to be on either 0.70 or a similarly recent
devel snapshot.  Are you running clamd or clamscan with MD?

> I have started to quarantine the ones picked up by Trend - and when I
> submit the entire message to the clamAV online scanner the virus is
> found. When I scan the entire message locally the virus is not found
> (which I thought was OK as I did not think clamAV would
> unpack it's own mime messages anyway.)

Maybe your signatures aren't current.  Maybe you've not enabled the
mailbox option.

> I have thrown a sample at: http://lists.vu.edu.au/MD/ENTIRE_MESSAGE

Unfortunately you may have thrown it, but you forgot to allow anybody
access to it:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /MD/ENTIRE_MESSAGE on this server.

Apache/1.3.26 Server at lists.vu.edu.au Port 80

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?