[Mimedefang] RBL's

Damrose, Mark mdamrose at elgin.edu
Tue May 18 07:28:58 EDT 2004

Second that.  Spamhaus is my first rbl in sendmail.  It blocks over
60% of the mail that gets rejected - I've not seen any false positives.
I have had to whitelist some from other lists, but never from spamhaus.

dnl # DNSBL_MAP forces dnsbl lists to use A record instead of trying AAAA
first.
define(`DNSBL_MAP', `dns -R A')dnl
FEATURE(dnsbl,`sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org', `$&{client_addr}" blocked - see
http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip="$&{client_addr}')dnl
FEATURE(dnsbl,`list.dsbl.org', `$&{client_addr}" blocked - see
http://dsbl.org/listing?ip="$&{client_addr}')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl, `dnsbl.sorbs.net', `$&{client_addr}" blocked - see
http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP="$&{client_addr}', `',
`127.0.0.2.', `127.0.0.3.', `127.0.0.4.', `127.0.0.10.')

dsbl.org is the one that's given me the most problems (needing to whitelist
people).  They will remove anyone who answers mail sent to postmaster.  That
seems to be too big a hurdle for a some places.