[Mimedefang] RBL's

John Barton jbarton at technicalworks.net
Tue May 18 00:12:45 EDT 2004

I use a combination of approaches on my servers. I use the sendmail rbl
functionality to outright block email that is flagged by certain lists,
and use spamassassin to score on the rest. The lists I use in sendmail
have not generated any complaints at all, but I have researched each one
to make sure that they have reasonable policies and allow people to fix
the problem easily. There are lists out there with unreasonable admins
that make you jump through hoops and practically beg to get removed from
their list, even if you are falsly listed. This doesnt really help anyone
out, and causes more problems then benefits in the end.
-John

John Barton
Specialized Tech Solutions, LLC
Server+, Security+, Network+, Linux+ Certified
jbarton at technicalworks.net