[Mimedefang] RBL's

Patrick Morris trick at adonis.net
Mon May 17 20:53:19 EDT 2004

-ray wrote:

>On Mon, 17 May 2004, -ray wrote:
>

>>Also should i just use a sendmail dnsbl, or let Spamassassin do the dnsbl
>>queries?  There are advantages and disadvantages either way.  Where in
>>Spammassin can i disable all the public RBL's but only leave access to my
>>local RBL?
>>

>Well i now see SURBL isn't a "traditional" RBL and won't work as a
>sendmail dnsbl.  I'd still like to hear other thoughts on using sendmail
>vs.  spamassassin for rbls.

I'll take SA for RBLs any day over Sendmail, especially for
high-collateral-damage RBLs like the Spamhaus list.  Being able to
assign a score rather than blocking outright is, IMHO, the only sane way
to use RBLs.

As far as disabling RBLs in SpamAssassin, just give each test related to
the RBLs you don't want a score of zero, and it won't run.