[Mimedefang] multi AV scanners

Stewart James stewart.james at vu.edu.au
Mon May 17 02:46:20 EDT 2004

> Keep in mind that most email viruses these days seem to fake the From
> address.  This means you're annoying somebody who's had nothing to do
> with the virus...  Generally this is a Bad Thing.

Rock and a hard place I am afraid. If I deliver the "this had a virus
type emails" I end up with a few thousand people jumping on me. I can
NOT (and I have tried) to get permission to Drop mass mailers..something
I would greatly prefer to do, and I will lobby management for permission
to do this again. It's just we have never dropped email it always goes
somewhere, but in the case of mass mailers, they really need to go to
/dev/null....maybe I should redirect all detected viruses to managements
mailboxes and they can sort out what to do with them ;)

Cheers,

Stewart