[Mimedefang] multi AV scanners

Stewart James stewart.james at vu.edu.au
Mon May 17 00:41:13 EDT 2004

> > David, I feel as though we're grasping at straws here.  You probably
> > either think that we're barking up the wrong tree, or have an opinion on
> > how to DTRT here. :)  What's the "MIMEDefang way" to do this?
>
> Stewart's patch is probably the "MIMEDefang way" -- it does after all
> introduce another ugly global variable. :-)
>
> I will apply the patch for the next release.  MIMEDefang 3.0 in the
> far-distant future will clean up all the global variables and provide
> a proper Perl object-oriented interface.  (Don't get your hopes up:
> v.3 is not even at the design stage.)

ALright the patch does not seem to have any adverse affects, which is
good news.

My test machine is tied up by someone else at the moment, but I really
want to make it so MD will bounce any detected viruses (doing this
already) BUT if one slips past clamAV and trend picks it up. I want to
bounce AND quarantine.

WOuld action_quarantine_entire_message OR action_quarantine be more
appropritate? Also this will not notify recipients will it?

Something like?
if ($category eq "virus") {
            md_graphdefang_log('virus',$VirusName . " " . $VirusScanner
, $RelayAddr);

            # Bounce the mail!
            action_bounce("Virus $VirusName found in mail - rejected");

            # But quarantine the part for examination later.  Comment
            # the next line out if you don't want to bother.
            action_quarantine($entity, "A known virus was discovered and
deleted.  Virus-scanner messages follow:\n$VirusScannerMessages\n\n");

            return;
        }

Thanks,

Stewart