[Mimedefang] CLAMD/FileScan and Upgraded from 2.38 to 2.42

David Erickson erickson+mimedefang at mddsg.com
Fri May 14 11:55:10 EDT 2004

Dave,

Well i found that i'm not the only one who got caught by this but i
upgraded from 2.38 to 2.42 and i should really take some time to read
stuff before i do such things.  But after the upgrade only FileScan would
scan for viruses and i couldn't get CLAMD to work at all with mimedefang
until i realized that you made changes in mimedefang.pl... So I have to
take all my customizations which I have quite a few and rewrite them into
the new version of the example script.. I do not know if FileScan is
better than CLAMD but since i have CLAMD updating regualrly i decided to
disable FileScan in the meantime and let CLAMD do it's job.  No biggy..
gives me something to do this weekend ;-)

Thankyou for all your hard work.. I've gotten it down blocking about
99.95% spam.  I think only 1 or 2 seem to slip by each day and about 2
emails get caught by Bayes a day that I have to resend.  Other than that
it's a peach..

Thanks again,
David Erickson, CCSA
Mentis Engineering, LLC