[Mimedefang] Accuracy of infected IP in mdlog

Jerome Tytgat jerome.tytgat at asterion.fr
Fri May 14 08:22:59 EDT 2004

hu ?

how do you know about the originating IP adress so ??

I understand that it's surely possible to add received lines
to make believe the sender is someone else, but there's surely
a way to analyze the sanity of received lines, this may be a good thing.

what about making us the choice of choosing what we want to believe ?

using the last received as the good one is not the best at all.

I prefer seeing "xx.yy.zz.cc" is infected rather than 127.0.0.1...

but that's my point of course

 > Jérôme Tytgat
Administrateur  Réseau  et  Sécurité
ASTERION     -   Impasse de la Hache