[Mimedefang] NetBSD 1.6.2 + MIMEDefang

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Thu May 13 05:26:11 EDT 2004

On Aug 27,  7:40am, Marcin Selke wrote:
}
} I've found very few posts related to NetBSD..

     I spent a lot of time trying to get MIMEDefang to run on NetBSD
1.6.x.  I tried all the pthread libraries in package source and quite a
bit of mucking about.  My conclusion is that it isn't really possible
to get MIMEDefang to run on NetBSD 1.6.x.

     I also tried running MIMEDefang on NetBSD -current some time ago.
It was after -current got native pthreads.  That worked fine.  Thus,
you will have to use NetBSD 2.0 which isn't out yet, but should be out
in the next couple of months.  It is scheduled for late this month, but
ship dates quite often slip.  See:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-announce/2004/03/28/0000.html

} Log:
}
} May 11 19:23:40 server sendmail[968]: i4BHNeRR000968: Milter (mimedefang):
} error connecting to filter: Connection refused by
} /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock

     This seems to happen when MIMEDefang crashes.

}-- End of excerpt from Marcin Selke