[Mimedefang] Re: Dealing with encrypted zip viruses

Soeren Thing Andersen soeren at thing.dk
Wed May 12 16:27:13 EDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:
> Is there any way to debug the code off-line, and to check
> whether any prerequisite modules are present ?
> I'd really love to get Frank's code to work so that we
> can open up for .zip attachments again.

>From `man mimedefang.pl`:
TESTING FILTERS
       You  are  strongly  recommended to test your filter before
       installing it in /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter.  To test the
       filter,  save it in a file (e.g. test-filter) and run this
       command:

            mimedefang.pl -f test-filter -test

       This tests the filter for syntactic  correctness.   If  it
       passes,  you can install it as a production filter.  (Note
       that the test tests  only  for  correct  Perl  syntax;  it
       doesn't make sure your filter does something sensible.)

/Thing.