[Mimedefang] multi AV scanners

Stewart James stewart.james at vu.edu.au
Tue May 11 23:45:32 EDT 2004

> Stewart's patch is probably the "MIMEDefang way" -- it does after all
> introduce another ugly global variable. :-)
>
> I will apply the patch for the next release.  MIMEDefang 3.0 in the
> far-distant future will clean up all the global variables and provide
> a proper Perl object-oriented interface.  (Don't get your hopes up:
> v.3 is not even at the design stage.)

That sounds great. With that news I am starting to look at what I should
change in the filters to ensure that this now available information is
output in some sensible fashion.

First Logging:

md_graphdefang_log offers a reasonable 3 value maximum. Which means I
have a few choices - increase this to 4 OR alter it so that the final
param can be an array of things OR make the calls to md_graphdefang_log
contatinate either the 2 or 3 value.

The final option is simplictic and perhaps the best option in this case
with a flag for it to be reviewed in the *cough* 3.0 plan.

This will make calles in relation to logging Viruses effectively either:
md_graphdefang_log('virus',$VirusName . " " . $VirusScanner,
$RelayAddr);
OR
md_graphdefang_log('virus',$VirusName, $RelayAddr . " " .
$VirusScanner);

Of course the . " " . could be replaced with . " Found by: " or similar.
Again however, I would ask for guidance on this if the initial patch is
included at least having some MD sanctioned method of getting the
information into log files would be useful to people.

Second Bouncing:

This is a lot bloddy easier:
action_bounce("Virus $VirusName found in mail - rejected");
action_bounce("Virus $VirusName found in mail [$VirusScanner]-
rejected");

Third Quarantine.

I do not do this so am open to suggestion on this one.

Again any help will be appreciated :)

If I can get this sorted out today I will put it into production in the
morning and see how things fair over the next couple of days.

Cheers,

Stewart