[Mimedefang] FW: final fillter setup

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue May 11 11:42:58 EDT 2004

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 05/11/2004 11:28:35
AM:

> Thanks for the advice,
>          I do take your point and agree with you. But I am also
> aware that a most of our mail comes from the general public and
> small companies that do not have much in the way of anti-virus know
> how. In these instances it would be nice to inform them to check
> their systems. Also if I can inform the sender that the message has
> not reached us, it saves me some earache a week later when they
> phone to complain that I haven't replied.
>
> And believe me these people think that everything is life or death!

I reject the messages with an error code.  Should it happen to be a legit
message with an infected attachment, I refuse delivery.  The sender's
server is responsible for returning it ans the sender gets notified.  Same
procedure for unsafe extensions.

If it's a virus with a it's own SMTP engine, then no harm because it
should just die.