[Mimedefang] build advice mimdefang 2.42

Andrew Jayes andrew.jayes at visitheartofengland.com
Mon May 10 10:52:21 EDT 2004

Hi All,
	Just putting together a nice new mimedefang box and I have some questions about the build. I have got as far as building the mimedefang software. When I ran ./configure I noticed some entries that I would like some advice on.

Do I have to install all virus scanners before I configure and make? If that's a yes, what happens if I want to add another scanner later, do I have to configure and make again?

While we are on virus scanners, at the moment I have NAI 7.0. can you give me the names / url of some free scanners just for backup.

What is file::scan?

Perl modules.

Unix::syslog....no  do I need it?
Anomy::htmlcleaner....no  do I need it?
File::scan...no   as above, do I need it?

Sorry I know that's a lot of stuff, but any advice will be great

Many thanks

andrew