[Mimedefang] Rebuild Message before running SpamAssassin

Guido mimedefang.at.lists.roaringpenguin.com at starbase12.cjb.net
Sat May 8 11:50:41 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with trying to scan some emails I have coming in.
Apparently SpamAssassin (I'm running 2.63) likes to ignore all parts that are
not set as text parts (I'm using a rawbody rule and I've also tested with a
full rule).

The problem is that I want it to also scan textual attachments which have the
content-type application/octet-stream. I've tried changing the content type
in filter() with calling action_rebuild() as well. This works, as in it does
change. However, I believe MIMEDefang rebuilds the message after having
called filter_end() and hence after it has been passed through
SpamAssassin... while I need to have it rebuild *before* it is handed to
SpamAssassin.

So might there be anyone on this list who knows a trick, has an idea or some
pointers to help me on my way? :)

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Guido