[Mimedefang] Heads up: Change in behvior for 2.43

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Fri May 7 12:54:49 EDT 2004

David F. Skoll wrote:
> Currently, filter_relay is not called until after the MAIL command.
> The next release will call filter_relay immediately after the remote
> machine connects.
[...]
> I don't think this will have a huge impact on people; just move any
> tests that require $helo and/or a Sendmail queue ID into
> filter_sender.

Does this mean that for those of us who reject on invalid EHLO/HELO this rejection
will now have to take place after the DATA phase, instead of after MAIL?  In the
past four days, my relay has rejected 17,463 delivery attempts due to EHLO/HELO
parameters that contain my domain, or are bare IP addresses.  Do you think that the
impact of having to accept DATA from these relays before being able to reject will
be noticeable?  Or is there another approach that I'm missing?

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722