[Mimedefang] evolution forging HELO?

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Fri May 7 10:57:07 EDT 2004

	Ok, I'm somewhat stumped. I have a user who is constantly
running into a forged HELO checker in filter_relay. He's using
evolution, and it insists on sending "HELO mail.cs.umass.edu" which of
course is my server, and not his laptop. I verified that evolution is
not using the local sendmail, so this is something it's coming up with
on its own. However, I can't find any setting responsible for this in
evolution. Has anyone else run into this?

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key

  Where are the missing deficit-reduction program-related activities?