[Mimedefang] Removing read receipts for particular account.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri May 7 10:53:20 EDT 2004

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Dave Williss wrote:

> Unless somebody can come up with a way to distinguish real NDNs from
> a) Spam disguised as an NDN and b) NDNs of forged mail that I never
> sent in the first place (of which I get hundreds if not thousands of
> a day), then all NDNs on my system get ignored anyway.

Case (a) is not that common yet, and is easily picked up by content-filters.

Case (b) is a lot more difficult to deal with, I admit.  If your server
can correlate incoming NDN's with previously-sent outgoing mail, it's
possible to do something intelligent, but getting this correlation is
tricky, because different NTA's preserve different information from the