[Mimedefang] multi AV scanners

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 08:56:58 EDT 2004

>From: Stewart James <stewart.james at vu.edu.au>
>
>I have a question about having multiple scanners. At the moment I only
>have one. TrendMicro. I am waiting on Debian to update to 0.70 of clam
>and I am going to introduce that one into the Fray as well as File::Scan
>(which from what I am reading is faster than both of those (I could be
>wrong).
>
>First I want to ensure that if ONE of the scanners detects a virus, none
>of the others are ran?

AFAIK it's only in 2.42 that the ability to run multiple scanners was
introduced, before that you had to hack that yourself.  A trawl of the logic
should show what's happening, but I have a vague memory that it stops on the
first virus - the list archive does hold the answer to that.

>Second, Looking at the log entries there is nothing that shows which
>scanner detected the virus. Now, this would be quite beneficial.
>Considering it would be cool to be able to do reports saying clam found
>100% - trend never found them (because clam is run before trend).

Details of a mod for this are in the list archive - I know 'cos that's where
I found this myself.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?