[Mimedefang] Selective domain scanning

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Thu May 6 11:30:04 EDT 2004

Jonathan Maliepaard wrote:
> Can anyone please tell me how I can tell Mimedefang which local
> domains to scan, rather than letting it do the lot?
>
> It would be good if I could have some kind of selective filter that I
> could configure to scan some domains for virus' and others for virus'
> and SPAM or even some that Mimedefang just returns straight back to
> Sendmail without touching?

You'll want to read up on stream_by_domain() in the mimedefang-filter
man page.  Briefly, in filter_begin() you add a line something like:

  if (stream_by_domain()) { return; }

and then in the other filter_* subroutines you can check $Domain to see
which domain is getting processed.

I've been using it on the hosting server here to provide different
processing for different domains- so far, mostly hand-customized, but
the framework is there to allow user-controlled options.

-kgd
--
"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate
technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."