[Mimedefang] Separate Filters for Separate Recipients

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue May 4 20:18:30 EDT 2004

You know, I looked for the answer to this in the FAQ and the docs but didn't
find it so if so one can point to an "official" answer, it would be good.
There is a small note in the changelog but that's all I could find, perhaps
a FAQ entry is in order.

Anyway Kjell, you probably either don't have a sendmail client submission
queue runner or it is running at intervals such as 1 hour so there is a
significant delay on mail delivery.

Run

ps -auxwww | grep sendmail

and look for something like this:

smmsp    22168  0.0  0.0  4720 1492 ?        S    Apr30   0:01 sendmail:
Queue runner at 00:05:00 for /var/spool/clientmqueue

If you do have it, look into how to adjust the time interval for your
particular linux distribution/unix system.

If you don't have it, you need to modify your initialization script for
sendmail.

If you need more help, need to know what sendmail you are running, what
linux/unix you are running and how you installed sendmail.

Regards,

KAM

> It does seem to split up the messages based on the recipients but they do
not get delivered until I restart the sendmail server. Have you ever seen
this problem before?