[Mimedefang] Managing Quarantined Messages

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Tue May 4 01:38:42 EDT 2004

David F. Skoll wrote:

>You can write your own function (my_action_quarantine_entire_message)
>inside your filter, and leave mimedefang.pl untouched.  That's the
>beauty (?) of using Perl as a configuration file language.

I can see that I am going to go down the rabbit hole here.

I've been thinking about this, and I think that the only real way to do
this is do as you suggested. I think I would want to do any processing
of the message, then detect if there is a condition that warrants the
message to be quarantined, then qurantine the processed message. I
suppose I'd have to rebuild the message myself based on the MIME::Entity
object in filter_end, write out the message (quarantine it), then reject
it so MD doesn't deliver it. Does it sound like I'm way off base here?

Any quick recipes for rebuilding a message out of the MIME::Entity
object in filter_end? ;-)

Thanks,
Tim