[Mimedefang] Managing Quarantined Messages

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Mon May 3 14:49:20 EDT 2004

David F. Skoll wrote:

>>One question though (assuming that I am correct above): Am I able to do
>>any modifications to the message before quarantining? For example, say I
>>strip EXE files from all messages but quarantine if there are encrypted
>>zips. Can I strip the EXE before quarantining so if I decide to remail
>>it to the end user it won't include the EXE?
>>

>You can do whatever you like if you code it. :-) So the non-facetious
>answer is that if you want to strip the EXE before quarantining it,
>you need to examine the MIMEDefang source and modify the
>action_quarantine_entire_message function.

har har ;-)

So the short answer is that action_qurantine_entire_message quarantines
the original message then? I suppose I could always filter the message
*after* de-quarantining it, with the quarantine check the only thing
skipped if the relay is localhost..

I am really really really trying to leave mimedefang.pl alone..

Thanks,
Tim