[Mimedefang] Managing Quarantined Messages

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon May 3 14:30:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Tim Pushor wrote:

> Compile mimedefang with --with-ip-header, and if I determine that I need
> to stream_by_* ensure that I add_ip_validation_header().

The addition of the IP validation header is automatic if you stream
and the header file is present.

> Then later, if
> RelayAddr really *is* 127.0.0.1 that means that this is one of my
> remailed quarantined messages (or any other message submitted to
> localhost unforunately), and that it shoudn't be rescanned.

Right.

> One question though (assuming that I am correct above): Am I able to do
> any modifications to the message before quarantining? For example, say I
> strip EXE files from all messages but quarantine if there are encrypted
> zips. Can I strip the EXE before quarantining so if I decide to remail
> it to the end user it won't include the EXE?

You can do whatever you like if you code it. :-) So the non-facetious
answer is that if you want to strip the EXE before quarantining it,
you need to examine the MIMEDefang source and modify the
action_quarantine_entire_message function.