[Mimedefang] scanning message body

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Fri Mar 19 15:05:29 EST 2004

Rick Mallett wrote:
> Does anyone know if this code posted by Joseph will prevent the
> Bagle.Q virus from infecting machines running an unpatched version of
> Outlook/IE?

Bagle.Q, Beagle.O, Borgle.Z, jeez who can keep up with this crap!? :)

Are you using SpamAssassin?  This is working for me:

rawbody  SA_CUSTOM_BEAGLE_O_R_OR_T /<OBJECT +STYLE="display:none"
+DATA=".*?\/[0-9]+\.php">/i
describe SA_CUSTOM_BEAGLE_O_R_OR_T Email appears to be generated by
W32.Beagle.O, R, or T
score    SA_CUSTOM_BEAGLE_O_R_OR_T 0.1

I only score at 0.1 because I'm discarding the message altogether in
mimedefang-filter if SA found this rule...

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722