[Mimedefang] clamscan missing some virus's

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Thu Mar 11 13:30:09 EST 2004

I am running .67-6 of clamav for debian.
I get a notification, that the message was detected by fprot or mcafee.
Then I run the scan on the quarantine directory.
My scan options are:
clamscan --mbox --no-summary --infected ./

Dirk Mueller said:
> On Thursday 11 March 2004 04:22, Lucas Albers wrote:
>
>> These virus's are quarantined.
>> When I run a manual scan, with the same options, it appears to pick them
>> up.
>
> how do you run the manual scan? do you run it on the message or the
> extracted
> attachment?
>
> How old is your clamav version?
>

> Dirk

Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering
Montana State University-Bozeman,Montana