[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang as a mail gateway...?

Royce Williams royce.williams at acsalaska.net
Fri Mar 5 16:53:20 EST 2004

Les Mikesell wrote:

> The best solution here is probably to put the users in LDAP and
> configure the outside mailer to use it but I haven't done that
> myself yet.  I just periodically grep the logs for the rejections
> and stick the frequent ones into sendmail's access list with a
> REJECT on the outside machine.

Whoops -- good catch.  Forgot to mention that we're using the FreeBSD
sendmail-ldap port and doing exactly what you're describing here.  This
is also not exactly trivial but is doable.  It's only a couple of lines
in the sendmail .mc file to point it at the right LDAP server, but the
crafting of the query for user verification varies.  You'll be looking
for the following .mc items:

	FEATURE(ldap_routing)
	LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN_FILE	(list of LDAP-handled domains)
	define(`confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC')

-royce