[Mimedefang] Side effect of stream_by_recipient

Jim Hatfield subscriber at insignia.com
Tue Mar 9 06:45:33 EST 2004

This might be obvious to many but it wasn't to me. If you
use stream_by_recipient, the original mail is accepted. So if
you subsequently call action_bounce, bounce mails get generated.

I'm migrating from a scheme where spamassassin is handled
separately to one where it is invoked by MIMEDefang, and trying
to cope with mails to people in two classes: those who want spam
marked with an X-Spam-Flag header and those who want it rejected.

So my current take is, if SpamAssassin says it's spam, loop through
the Recipients array, and use delete_recipient for each address
in the "want it rejected" list.

Then what I want to do is to call action_bounce if there are no
recipients left. But how can I do that if delete_recipient doesn't
change the Recipients array? If I don't call action_bounce, and
there are no recipients left, what happens? (discard, presumably).

Jim