[Mimedefang] Good Ramdisk Size

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Mar 31 10:15:52 EST 2004

A ramdisk is only really useful if you have max_message_size * number of
max_MD_Slaves or at least some moderate number in between based on your own
experience.  Generally 150MB to 300MB not 4MB.

Some temporary file systems grow based on how much is stored on them so
while it might START at 4MB, it might be able to grow to 4GB.  This also
means that sometimes you want an upper limit on the ramdisk size.

Regards,
KAM

> What is a good ramdisk size for use with MD?  The default on linux is 4096
> but are concerned about those emails that have attachments over 4MB or
> getting several emails that together have attachments greater than 4MB.
We