[Mimedefang] notify administrator delay...

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Mar 31 09:31:43 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, J.D. Bronson wrote:

> Is there anyway to change the behavior of MD so that it submits email into
> sendmail like a normal user on the system?

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: If you do this, you run the risk of bringing your machine to
its knees as filtering generates e-mail which generates filtering which
generates e-mail ...

> ..then there would be no delay......

Shorten your clientmqueue interval -- I have mine set to 5 minutes.
You can have a separate interval for clientmqueue as opposed to
normal mqueue.  On Red Hat, the /etc/sysconfig/sendmail file looks like
this:

	DAEMON=yes

	# regular queue interval
	QUEUE=30m