[Mimedefang] Filter modification help needed

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Tue Mar 30 20:34:19 EST 2004

Fred go do man mimedefang-filter and read about:
PRESERVING RELAY INFORMATION

       This  resets  the relay address and hostname to the actual relay
address and hostname, unless the message is coming from
       one of your other MX hosts.

Fred said:
> Hello,
> I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to add a header for the primary
> MX
> server for the domain in the From: header.
>
> Adding this header might allow for some nice rules in SpamAssassin to be
> developed.
>
> I'm currently adding HELO, RCVD_IP and RCVD_HOST, and creating rules for
> HELO with much success!
>
> I'm seeing a few sites using 127.0.0.1 as a primary MX for their domain
> and
> I want to see if a SA rule might help here.
>
> I would prefer to do this by adding a header and checking the contents of
> the header with a SA rule. (whitelisting in SA)
>
> I need help producing the primary MX of the from domain, I can handle
> adding
> the headers and making the rules.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer.
>
> Freddy T
> http://www.FreddyT.com/

Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering
Montana State University-Bozeman,Montana